As planned, Apple starts selling Apple Watch on April 10, 2015. The most anticipated wearable device is expected to start a revolution. At least that what Apple executives have promised. And the media and Apple enthusiats have already bought into the narrative.
Apple Watch: A Shift in Wearable Paradigm
Apple Watch was designed to be both fashionable and functional, coming in an array of colors and materials, with six different types of easily interchangeable watch straps. Six different Watch face colors and materials are available: Stainless Steel, Silver Aluminum, 18-Karat Yellow Gold, Space Black Stainless Steel, Space Gray Aluminum, and 18-Karat Rose Gold. Apple Watch will be starting at the price of $349.
Apple Watch: A Revolution in Personal Device
Apple has made clear that Apple Watch is not just a watch. It is a new experience in personal devices. Angela Ahrendts, Apple’s senior vice president of Retail and Online Stores, said: "We are excited to welcome customers tomorrow and introduce them to Apple Watch, our most personal device yet. Based on the tremendous interest from people visiting our stores, as well as the number of customers who have gone to the Apple Online Store to mark their favorite Apple Watch ahead of availability, we expect that strong customer demand will exceed our supply at launch. To provide the best experience and selection to as many customers as we can, we will be taking orders for Apple Watch exclusively online during the initial launch period.”
Apple Watch orders will be taken exclusively online at launch, but Apple expects the demand to exceed supply for a long time.
Apple Watch pre-orders begin on April 10 at 12:01 AM Pacific, or equivalent local times in other countries, in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and United Kingdom. Apple Watch officially goes on sale April 24 in the launch countries, with in-store pickup for those who made a reservation.
iPhone and Apple Watch Integration
Apple Watch works with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, but also with 5s, 5c and 5.
iPhone is required for Apple Watch. The design intended a seamless integration between iPhone and Apple Watch through Handoff. It will be possible to read an email on Apple Watch and then respond on the iPhone.
Detail of Features of Apple Watch:
- whole range of products.
- Apple Watch Edition: 18K Gold, metallurgists have developed to be twice as hard as standard gold.
- Apple Watch Sport: Ion exchanged cover glass, anodized aluminum case that's 60% stronger than standard alloys.
- Six different easily interchangeable watch straps
- Zirconia back, four sapphire lenses.
- Infrared and visible light LEDs with photo sensors detect pulse rate.
- Gyroscope and accelerometer, watch provides comprehensive picture of daily activity.
- Custom designed chip, S1 processor.
- Pressing the button below the crown instantly shows friends and contacts.
- Digita crown; Digital Touch
- Messages, Siri. Smart replies and dictation.
- Infrared LED and photo diodes that translate rotary movement into digital data.