After a long waiting, and as expected following multiple reports by AfroAmerica Network, the DRC President Felix Tshisekedi has finally decided to expel the Rwandan ambassador Vincent Karega. The decision was made during a security meeting held by the DRC president with his Conseil Supérieur de la Défense (Security High Commission) including top military, security and political advisors in Kinshasa, on Saturday, October 29, 2022.
On the night of May 27, 2022, DRC President Felix Tshisekedi confirmed, during an emergency meeting with the Conseil Supérieur de la Défense (Security High Commission), that the Rwandan ambassador Vincent Karega was summoned a day earlier (See here DR Congo: President Felix Tshisekedi, Facing Serious Crisis in East, Closer to Expelling Rwandan Ambassador Karega).
After that meeting, it was expected that the ambassador was going to be expelled, without a long delay. However, Felix Tshisekedi, as usual, closed his eyes. According to AfroAmerica Network sources with access to Felix Tshisekedi's administration, his closest aides have been used to Felix Tshisekedi's unpredicted behaviors and statements, lack of political experience, and patent naivete. In fact, he has consistently been widely criticised for closing his eyes when it came to the atrocities committed in the DRC and against the Congolese civilians by Rwanda troops and military leaders and their supported militia.
This time, things changed.
According to AfroAmerica Network sources, several elements have swayed President Felix Tshisekedi, including the following:
- overwhelming facts and proofs gathered during military operations confirming that the Rwandan military has increased the armament, funding, and military support to M23 Congolese rebels;
- Expansion of military operations by M23 rebels led by identified known Rwandan military officers;
- The failure of the East Afrrican Community to deploy troops to the DRC, as planned in the agreements signed in Nairobi, Kenya and Luanda, Angola ;
- Intelligence gathered when interrogating FARDC high ranking military officers and commanders accused of supporting M23 and working with Rwandan military iintelligence and plotting a military coup (DR Congo: President Felix Tshisekedi Beset by Systemic Corruption, now Under Threat from Former President Joseph Kabila and Associate Vital Kamerhe);
- A note presented based on an analysis by a Rwandan expert knowledgeable of the history of the invasion of DRC by Rwandan troops and the ensuing Congolese tragedy. Accorrding AfroAmerica Network sources, the note was summarized by government employees and shared with the members of the Conseil Supérieur de la Défense (Security High Commission) just before the meeting ( See the reference note here: Beyond the Myth Ex-FAR/Interahamwe and the Congolese Tragedy).
Get the following books on Amazon:
Legs of Tornado: The Human Who Outran the Wind, an African tale about a human from a humble upbringing who outran the wind, defeated evil spirits, overcame his fate, became a respected clan chief, and triumphed ever after
Even Roosters Dream to Fly along with Legs of Tornado are also available on Amazon worldwide and soon to several other platforms:
For more on the book, the author, the inspiration of the stories, Visit the author website here
The decision to expel the Rwandan ambassador comes as the Rwandan special forces, wearing uniforms, and under the cover of M23 Congolese rebels waging a war in the East, have been advancing and expanding the invasions of the North-Kivu provice, in eastern DRC.
The expulsion, expected within 48 hourrs, was hailed by the Congolese population and politicians. However, most people and politicians have publicly insisted that the decision by President Felix Tshisekedi was long overdue and stated that they expected more, specifically more tangiible military actions against M23 and Rwandan troops.
Now, following the expulsion, all eyes are on Felix Tshisekedi's next steps:
- With the Rwandan Ambassador be expelled, what is the next geopolitical move?
- Will the DRC military, FARDC, be able to halt the advance of the M23 rebels and Rwandan troops and repulse the invading Rwandan military troops to Rwanda?
- Will the DRC government, the United Nations, and the African Union hold the Rwandan government accountable for all the war crimes, looting, and distructions committed in the DRC by Rwandan military and its funded and supported militia?
- Will finally the iinternational powers support the DRC government and put due pressure on the Rwandan government and military?
AfroAmerica Network is still closely following the situation.
@AfroAmerica Network 2022